Rules & Regulations:
- All dancers competing must be registered for the NRG workshop in the city where they are competing.
- To be eligible for CASH Awards dancers MUST be registered with a studio (a studio is considered 10 or more students).
- Competing dancers may enter as many categories as they wish.
- Soloists with more than one number will only be allowed one placement in Top Solo Cash awards.
- No teacher may perform with students.
- Professional dancers may compete but are not eligible for cash awards, no matter what age – TBD by NRG Directors.
- Dancers may compete in more than one city, again NOTE: To be eligible for CASH Overall Awards dancers MUST be registered with a studio (a studio is considered 10 or more students)
- National Prodigies are only allowed to compete their solo at their home city where their studio is attending.
- General props are permitted; however, there are limitations as to how large the props can be. Please note that ceiling heights can vary in each venue. Please check with NRG if you have concerns with the size of a prop. ***NRG has very limited backstage storage space for props.
- No dangerous props (i.e., swords, fire, sand etc.) or use of live animals.
- Dances will be disqualified if props take longer than 2 min to set up.
- Routines containing more than three (3) gymnastic/acro passes must be entered in the OPEN category.
- ALL numbers deemed “wrong category” will be moved to the appropriate category at Judges request.
- Routines must be appropriate for family viewing. Point deductions or disqualification could result if judges deem a number inappropriate.
- There will be no changing of Competition order and we will not stop for costume changes once the schedule is set. Please make sure that dancers are not in back-to-back numbers.
- In cities with a large amount of entries, we may hold Competition early on Friday. You are agreeing to this possibility when registering.
- CHANGES in competition entries two weeks prior to convention will result in late fee’s.
- Failure to upload music 2 weeks prior to comp will result in removal from competition!
- Admission to NRG’s “The Show” competition is absolutely free! All registered attendees, as well as family and friends, are welcome to watch at no cost. Come and support your dancers!
- VIP Seating will be available for teachers at competition.
- All competing dancers must be registered for the full weekend of convention in order to participate in competition. Convention wristbands must be worn while competing.
- Choreographers and all attendees automatically give permission to NRG to use all photos and videos for advertising and publicity.
- Stage Dimensions are 40ft across X 32ft deep X 2ft high. There are 2 sets of stairs/wings on each side.
- All entries are final and non-refundable. No exceptions.
MANDATORY Music Requirements:
• ALL ENTRIES must Upload competition music to the NRG server. This is MANDATORY! NO EXCEPTIONS. If you need assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will NOT accept any music onsite. Any Music Changes onsite will result in late fees.
• IMPORTANT! Dances without music uploaded 2 weeks prior to event will be removed from the competition and replaced by those on the waiting list.
***AGAIN ~ Dances without uploaded music 2 WEEKS prior to event will be removed from Competition! NO Exceptions! NO Refunds!
If you have questions or need help with this process please email: Amanda@nrgdanceproject.com
• You may bring music backed up on iPod/Computer/Hard Drive. This is not mandatory however you are responsible for back-ups. Failure to have back-up if needed may result in disqualification. NO REFUNDS will be given.
• Please NO music on CDs, tapes, records or 8tracks (iPad/phone will be used as a back-up ONLY). Any back-up needed due to technical difficulties will be submitted to our sound booth.
***Music is not saved from city to city all music must be uploaded to the system every time.
Sold out Competition:
- Competition and convention could sell out prior to the event’s cut off date! The majority of our events will sell out and it is recommended to complete the registration process as soon as possible. NRG can close competition at any point, even before the cut off date.
- Friday competition start times may vary. It is possible for competition to start as early as 9 am. We will start in solo competition beginning with Juniors. If groups are scheduled to compete on Friday, they will not be scheduled before 3 pm with out prior verification. If any routine that is scheduled on Friday is unable to perform due to scheduling issues and/or school, NRG is happy to try to accomodate another time.
- There will be a tentative schedule and a final schedule sent to studio directors only. You will be able to request routines to be moved before the final schedule is sent. Once the final is sent out there will be no changes permitted.