The ONLY competition that gives FREE Pictures & Videos to ALL entries!!!
1-877-909-4NRG or email Melissa@nrgdanceproject.com for more details.
* YOU MUST REGISTER FOR NRG CONVENTION TO BE ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE – NO EXCEPTIONS
“The SHOW” Categories and Fees:
|CATEGORIES||NUMBER OF DANCERS ALLOWED||EARLY RATE||REGULAR RATE|
***Please COMPLETE your registration 30 DAYS prior to the event for the EARLY RATE. ALL entries received after the cut off will be invoiced at the regular rate: NO EXCEPTIONS!
*Only Registration fully completed online will be accepted.
Note: No changes will be accepted two-weeks prior to event.
“The SHOW” Age Divisions:
|Lil Spark||Ages 5-6|
|Mini||Ages 7-9 *NEW age breakdown|
|Junior||Ages 10-12 *NEW age breakdown|
|Adv Pro (not eligible for Cash Awards)||Ages 19+|
To reach the average age, all ages are added together and divided by the number of dancers. *NEW this season Decimals are dropped. We will not round up at .5
*ALL AGES ARE AS OF JANUARY 1, of the current year. Birth certificates must be supplied upon request. Photocopies are acceptable.
“The SHOW” Entry Limits:
- Studios will be allowed unlimited entries, with a maximum of twenty five (25) solos. If additional time is available NRG may allow more solo entries. Please advise if you would like to be put on the stand-by list.
- All entries must be Registered & completed online by the registration cut-off date. Changes in entries following the 30 day mark will be have the regular rate applied. No changes will be made to entries following the two week deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Regional competition will be limited to time availability. With Possible competition during the day on Friday. We will do our best to avoid competition during school hours but this is not always possible. If you have concerns please contact Amanda BEFORE entering.
- Please get your entries in early!!!
- If quota is reached before cut-off date, subsequent competition entries will not be accepted.
“The SHOW” Disciplines:
- Ballet : Routines must consist of ballet or pointe technique.
- Jazz : A routine that demonstrates jazz technique, utilizing up-tempo music.
- Contemporary/Lyrical: A mix of jazz styles with heavy emphasis on modern & ballet technique.
- Tap : A routine comprised of tap technique.
- Open : A routine that demonstrates any dance style or combination of dance styles
- Hip-Hop : A routine utilizing hip-hop or street-type moves
- Musical Theatre : A routine utilizing Broadway or theatre dance styles.
“The SHOW” MANDATORY Music Requirements:
• ALL ENTRIES must Upload competition music to the NRG server. This is MANDATORY! NO EXCEPTIONS. If you need assistance please email email@example.com. We will NOT accept any music onsite. Any Music Changes onsite will result in late fees.
• IMPORTANT! Dances without music uploaded 2 weeks prior to event will be removed from the competition and replaced by those on the waiting list.
***AGAIN ~ Dances without uploaded music 2 WEEKS prior to event will be removed from Competition! NO Exceptions! NO Refunds!
If you have questions or need help with this process please email: Amanda@nrgdanceproject.com
• You may bring music backed up on iPod/Computer/Hard Drive. This is not mandatory however you are responsible for back-ups. Failure to have back-up if needed may result in disqualification. NO REFUNDS will be given.
• Please NO music on CDs, tapes, records or 8tracks (iPod will be used as a back-up ONLY). Any back-up needed due to technical difficulties will be submitted to our sound booth.
***Music is not saved from city to city all music must be uploaded to the system every time.
“The SHOW” Time Limits:
CATEGORY MAXIMUM LENGTH
- Solo ……………………..two minutes and forty-five seconds max (2:45)
- Duo/Trio…………….…two minutes and forty-five seconds max (2:45)
- Group………………………………………………..three minutes max (3:00)
- Line……………………………………………….……four minutes max (4:00)
- Production……………………………………………five minutes max (5:00)
Time limits will be strictly enforced. Please call for extended Production exceptions.
There will be a tentative schedule and a final schedule sent to studio directors only. You will be able to request routines to be moved before the final schedule is sent. Once the final is sent out there will be no changes permitted.