“The SHOW” Regulations:
- All dancers competing in “The Show” must be registered for the NRG workshop in the city where they are competing.
- To be eligible for CASH Awards dancers MUST be registered with a studio (a studio is considered 10 or more students).
- Competing dancers may enter as many categories as they wish.
- Soloists with more than one number will only be allowed one placement in Top Solo Cash awards.
- No teacher may perform with students.
- No professional dancers may compete, no matter what age – TBD by NRG Directors; however, they may attend the workshops.
- Dancers may compete in more than one city, again NOTE: To be eligible for CASH Awards dancers MUST be registered with a studio (a studio is considered 10 or more students)
- General props are permitted; however, there are limitations as to how large the props can be. Please note that ceiling heights can vary in each venue. Please check with NRG if you have concerns with the size of a prop. ***NRG has no storage space for props.
- No dangerous props (i.e., swords, fire, sand etc.) or use of live animals.
- Dances will be disqualified if props take longer than 2 min to set up.
- Routines containing more than three (3) gymnastic/acro passes must be entered in the OPEN category.
- ALL numbers deemed “wrong category” will be moved to the appropriate category at Judges request.
- Routines must be appropriate for family viewing. Point deductions or disqualification could result if judges deem a number inappropriate.
- There will be no changing of “The Show” order and we will not stop for costume changes once the schedule is set. Please make sure that dancers are not in back-to-back numbers.
- In cities with a large amount of entries, we may hold Competition on Friday. You are agreeing to this possibility when registering.
- CHANGES in competition entries two weeks prior to convention will result in late fee’s.
- Failure to upload music 2 weeks prior to comp will result in removal from competition!
- All entries are final and non-refundable. No exceptions.
“The SHOW” MANDATORY Music Requirements:
• ALL ENTRIES must Upload competition music to the NRG server. This is MANDATORY! NO EXCEPTIONS. If you need assistance please email email@example.com. We will NOT accept any music onsite. Any Music Changes onsite will result in late fees.
• IMPORTANT! Dances without music uploaded 2 weeks prior to event will be removed from the competition and replaced by those on the waiting list.
***AGAIN ~ Dances without uploaded music 2 WEEKS prior to event will be removed from Competition! NO Exceptions! NO Refunds!
If you have questions or need help with this process please email: Amanda@nrgdanceproject.com
• You may bring music backed up on iPod/Computer/Hard Drive. This is not mandatory however you are responsible for back-ups. Failure to have back-up if needed may result in disqualification. NO REFUNDS will be given.
• Please NO music on CDs, tapes, records or 8tracks (iPod will be used as a back-up ONLY). Any back-up needed due to technical difficulties will be submitted to our sound booth.
***Music is not saved from city to city all music must be uploaded to the system every time.
There will be a tentative schedule and a final schedule sent to studio directors only. You will be able to request routines to be moved before the final schedule is sent. Once the final is sent out there will be no changes permitted.
“The SHOW” Awards System:
Three (3) judges will adjudicate all entries. ONE Judges critique video will be provided with all Judges comments on the same Video. Overall scores will be based on the AVERAGE of three scores listed below:
- TECHNIQUE ……………………………………………….………………….0-100
*** TOTAL SCORE AVERAGED OUT OF 300 ***
- Platinum 288-300
- High Gold 279-287.9
- Gold 270-278.9
- High Silver 150-269.9
Cash awards will be given to the Overall highest scoring dance in each Age Division/Category. Second and Third Place Overall highest scoring dances may be awarded depending on the amount of entires. Cash amounts will vary depending on the number of entries. ***Soloists with more than one number will only be allowed one placement in Top Solo Cash awards.
*Scores & Critiques will be available on the registration system within 48 hours following the event. Simply log in and select scores under the city you attended.
*Free Pictures and Videos can be picked up on Sunday after 1pm at the registration table.
*Please note: Pictures & Videos are only handed out to studio owners or assigned representatives. If they are not picked up they will be discarded.
*To be eligible for CASH Awards dancers MUST be registered with a studio (a studio is considered 10 or more students).
Decisions by the judges are final!!