NRG SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
NRG scholarship winners become part of an elite group of dancers chosen nation wide by NRG Dance Project’s faculty. We showcase all scholarship dancers in “The NRGies”, our closing Awards show at Nationals.
Scholarships are awarded to dancers who excel throughout the weekend as well as in “The Audition” class in each level. Dancers are given the opportunity to experience a real dance audition just like the pros.
The Lil Spark room will have a few select dancers awarded scholarships after the Lil Spark / Mini Show Sunday.
The Mini room has an Introduction to auditions. A class explaining the process and getting dancers comfortable auditioning. Scholarships, chosen by faculty, will be awarded during the closing Scholarship award show.
All Mini, Junior & Teen/Senior NRG Scholarships are awarded at the NRG closing show!
NRG SCHOLARSHIPS AGE BREAKDOWN FOR AUDITIONS:
*Mini (7-9yrs) ~ Junior (10/12yr ) ~ Teen (13/15 yrs) ~ Senior (16-18)
NRG Lil Spark Level:
Scholarships will be awarded to Lil Spark dancers based on their performance in class and competition. NO audition necessary in this level. Scholarships will be announced during the MINI show so be sure to join us to find out who wins!
*NRG Mini Level:
The Mini room has an Introduction to auditions. A class explaining the process and getting dancers comfortable auditioning. Scholarships choose by faculty will be awarded during the closing Scholarship award show.
NRG Prodigy Scholarship:
- Dancer honored with our top regional scholarship to attend as many NRG regional events as he/she prefers free of tuition within one (1) year of issue.
- Workshop Scholarship for the NRG Dance Project National Finals.
- The opportunity to assist the faculty and dance on the NRG stage in classes.
- The ability to compete for National Prodigy at Finals.
NRG Year Round Scholarships:
- Year Round Scholarship winners will be awarded scholarships to attend as many NRG events as he/she prefers free of tuition within one (1) year of issue (*may be used at National Finals).
NRG Single City Scholarships:
- Single City Scholarship winners will be awarded scholarships to attend one (1) NRG regional event free of tuition within one (1) year of issue (may not be used at National Finals).
NRG National Finals Scholarships:
- NRG Dance Project National Finals Scholarship winners will be awarded a Workshop Scholarship for the NRG Dance Project National Finals. (nontransferable Only good for NRG Finals)
*Teen, Senior & Adv Pro dancers will participate in “The Audition” together but will be evaluated in their own age category and awarded separately.
**The number of scholarships awarded may vary per city.
ELECTRO TAP SCHOLARSHIP:
- (1) tapper in the Jr level and (1) tapper in the Teen/Sr/Adv. Pro levels will be honored with a year round scholarship to as many regionals and nationals as he/she prefers free of tuition within one (1) year of issue.
- The opportunity to assist NRG tap during all tap classes in all rooms.
- The opportunity to be in the Electro Tap number at nationals.
***Note: Dancers will be chosen in class to participate in The Electro Tap auditions during “The Audition” class for each level.
NATIONAL PRODIGY SCHOLARSHIP GUIDLINES AND ELIGIBILITY:
Our National Prodigies are members of an elite group of dancers representing NRG danceProject for the following season. We choose these dancers out of thousands who attend NRG each year because they truly exemplify the qualities we look for in a dancer. Becoming a National Prodigy is an honor and provides you with a year of accelerated growth as an integral part of the “NRG Family.”
To be eligible you must:
- Be awarded or be renewed as a Prodigy during the “Regional Season.”
- Be proficient in all genres of dance.
- Attend every class at all events.
- Compete in the Prodigy Solo Competition at Finals. **Note if you plan to compete in the General Finals Competition you must use a different solo.
- Participate in the National Prodigy Audition – Interview, improv. and choreography rounds.
- If you are a previous National Prodigy winner, you are not able to win the title again until you reach the next age group.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Support NRG not only when in attendance but on social media as well!
National Prodigy Rules:
** The National Prodigy Title is a representation of you & your studio, you cannot switch studios or go “Independent” within a full year of winning title, or your National Prodigy privileges will be rescinded. NRG DanceProject believes in a dancer’s studio training and convention and/or National Titles should never replace or in any way interrupt training at your dance studio.
- Teachers may register dancers, at their discretion, in the level they feel is most suitable; however, all dancers must audition in the appropriate age levels or higher.
- If you have moved up a level, you must audition in that level.
- The amount of scholarships awarded may vary per city in each age division.
- In order to be eligible for scholarships, dancers must be registered for the full workshop. Dancers attending for one day are welcome and encouraged to participate in “The Audition” but are not eligible to receive scholarships.
- If a dancers receives a scholarship they may not use that scholarship as an “Independent” or with another studio without the permission of the studio Owner.
- Dancers are encouraged to attend and participate in ALL classes – TAP included!
- Workshop Scholarships for National Finals may only be used at NRG Dance Project National Finals.
- Scholarships must be redeemed within one (1) year of issue. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Scholarship winners are not eligible for the same award in other cities (Not including HighVoltage/Finalist awards) but may audition for higher scholarships.
- If you have previously won the title of NRG Prodigy at National Finals, you are an NRG Prodigy for that level until you are in a new age division.
- Scholarships are non-transferable. You may not transfer your scholarship to a friend or family member. NO EXCEPTIONS. For questions, please contact NRG danceProject. All recipients’ names are in the NRG database.
- Scholarship belongs to the studio dancer is registered under. If student changes studios, they must get permission to use scholarship
Travel and hotel accommodations are not provided for Regional Prodigy winners. National Prodigies, please contact NRG for further details.
How to redeem your Scholarship:
- A dancer’s home studio must register the dancer for scholarships to be valid.
- Go to NRGdanceProject.com & select “Registration”
- When entering your name and birthdate, please select “Scholarship” in the column to the right and choose the scholarship you won in the pop up menu. Your discount will automatically be applied to the total.
- If you are registering as an independent please set up your own account on the registration portal. In the space provided for the studio name please enter INDEPENDENT – first and last name. Do not use your studio name. Independent dancers are those who do not attend & compete with a studio. *If you are not Independent but joining us without your studio please have them register you.
- Please note that scholarships are cross referenced prior to each city. If you have entered an inaccurate scholarship, you will be notified when our audit is complete to pay any remaining balance.