The NRG Studio of the Year Award
This year we will award a loyal NRG studio demonstrating a high level of quality in competition throughout a variety of styles and age divisions. The 2019 winner receives $5,000 and will be announced as the final award during the NRGies Closing Show at Finals.
Studios must join us at Regionals & enter one routine in four different categories from the list below for Mini/Junior as well as Teen/Senior age groups totaling eight routines at our National Finals. *If a studio has more than one routine in a specific category, they must select which routine they are entering as part of the NRG Studio of the Year Award.
Each studio will complete a NRG Studio of the Year Nomination Form, listing the eight routines to be considered for this award & telling us why their studio deserves to be our Studio of the Year. These routines will compete during the regular NRG Competition at Finals. The top five studios will be selected based on scores to recompete in the Semi-Finalist dance off. Each semi-finalist studios will select one routine from Mini/Junior and one routine from Teen/Senior to represent them in the finals. These routines will then be ranked 1-5 in both age groups, those rankings will be added together and the studio with the highest ranking will be the NRG Studio of the Year!
Categories for Mini/Junior & Teen/Senior age groups to select from:
Musical Theatre / Open
- There is no extra charge to submit for Studio of the Year but normal entry fees for competition apply.
- You must have attended both Regionals and Nationals as a studio with over 10 dancers but routines not performed at regionals are welcome.
- Solos & Duo/Trios are NOT eligible. Each routine must be a Group, Line, or Production.
- Each routine does not need to include the same dancers, although it may.
- Ballet routines MUST use ballet or pointe shoes.
- Please make sure routines are entered in the appropriate performance divisions. (In other words – everything shouldn’t look like it should be in the contemporary/lyrical category.)
- Routines entered incorrectly may be penalized or disqualified at the sole discretion of NRG. If you have a question about a certain routine, please contact our offices in advance of registration.
- Ties will be broken by the original scores from Competition.
- If you have previously won NRG Studio of The Year, you must wait one year after winning before competing for the NRG Studio of The Year title again.